As a Noun:
1. The act of betting on something, or the amount of money you agree to give. English = bet. Formal, archaic English = wager.
2. A suggestion from someone that you should compete or argue with them. English = challenge, dare.
3. A challenge which one person makes to another to do something dangerous or frightening. English = dare.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To make an agreement with someone that if what you say will happen does happen, they will give you a sum of money, and if you are wrong you will give them a sum of money. English = bet. Formal or archaic English = wager.
2. To invite someone to fight or compete with you. English = challenge.
3. To suggest that someone does something dangerous or frightening, to show how brave they are. English = dare.