1. Any kind of vertical flat surface, such as a notice-board, partition, screen, fence or wall, or any action or thing directly or indirectly related to this, especially board or blackboard.
As a Noun:
1. A dark-coloured board in a classroom, which teachers write on with chalk. English = blackboard.
2. A rectangular piece of wood set up so that it is vertical and on which something can be written, put, spread out, or cut. English = board.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To erect any kind of vertical flat surface over or around something.
2. Of a disused house or building, to cover the windows and doors with wood to prevent people getting in. English = board up.