As a Noun:
1. The person in an organisation who has the highest position. English = president.
2. In a country that has no king or queen, the person who has the highest political position and is the leader of the country. English = president.
3. The person in charge of a meeting, committee, or organisation. English = chairperson, chairman, chairwoman.
4. The position occupied by a chairperson. English = chair.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To act as the president of an organisation or of a country. English = preside over.
2. To act as the chairperson of a meeting, committee, or organisation. English = chair.