As a Noun:
1. A pattern consisting of squares, usually of two colours. English = check pattern.
2. A pattern of crossed lines. English = criss-cross pattern.
3. Paper printed with a network of small squares to assist the drawing of graphs or other diagrams. English = graph paper.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To have a pattern consisting of squares, usually of two colours. English = (be) checked.
2. To draw up or make a checked pattern. English = check.
3. To have a pattern consisting of two sets of parallel lines which intersect at right angles. English = (be) criss-crossed.
4. To draw or make a criss-crossed pattern. English = criss-cross.