As a Noun:
1. In a newspaper or magazine, a vertical section of writing. English = column.
2. A piece of writing that has been written for publication in a newspaper or magazine. English = article.
3. An article in a newspaper or magazine, or an item on television or radio, in which someone gives their opinion of something such as a new book, film or play. English = review.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To put text or numbers into a vertical section of writing; to put into columns.
2. To write an article or give a talk on television or radio in which you express your opinion of a new book, film or play. English = review.