As a Noun:
1. The start of an event later than was expected. English = delay.
2. An extension in the time it usually takes to do something. English = delay, prolongation.
3. The act of taking your time and spending more time than is necessary to do something or go somewhere. English = dawdling.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To make something happen later than expected, or to make something take longer to happen than expected. English = delay, prolong.
2. To be made to happen later than expected, or to be made to take longer to happen than expected. English = (be) delayed, (be) prolonged, (be) protracted.
3. To spend more time than is necessary doing something or going somewhere. English = dawdle, tarry.
4. To brush something to one side and ignore it until a later time.