As a Noun:
1. The act of telling or the things you say when you tell someone that what they are doing is good and they should continue to do it. English = encouragement.
2. The rounding up of sheep and cattle and bringing them together in one spot. English = (cattle) mustering, (sheep) shepherding.
3. A person who looks after or rounds up sheep. English = shepherd.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To tell someone that you think that they should do something, or that they should continue doing something and by so doing making them think positively and making it more likely that they will continue. English = encourage.
2. To round up sheep and cattle and herd them together. English = (cattle) muster, (sheep) shepherd.
3. To look after and guide someone towards where you want them to go. Often used in a religious sense. English = shepherd.