As a Noun:
1. A person whose country of origin, background, or culture is not Anglo-Australian, especially someone from southern Europe bordering the Mediterranean Sea.
2. A person who moves from one country to another to live and work, particularly a person who moves to Australia. English = migrant, immigrant.
3. A country in southern Europe, called Italy.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. In Australia, to have a country of origin, background, or culture that is not Anglo-Australian. English = (be) ethnic.
2. To be connected with or relating to different racial or cultural groups of people. English = (be) ethnic.
3. To come from or relate to countries in the south of Europe, on the Mediterranean Sea. English = (be) Mediterranean.
4. To come from or relate to Italy. English = (be) Italian.
1. The other sign listed in this dictionary for ‘Italy/Italian’ appears to be more commonly used in today’s Auslan-using community.