As a Noun:
1. The amount of space between two places. English = distance.
2. The distance between two places, especially when that distance is considerable; a long way.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To be located at a great distance away. English = (be) far, (be) far away, (be) distant.
1. Used immediately next to a verb to mean that the action takes place at a great distance away, or takes place over a great distance. English = far, far away.
1. The more you raise the arc of the sign, the further away you mean.