As a Noun:
1. The quality which people, animals, and plants have when they are not dead and which objects and substances do not have; the state of being alive. English = life.
2. The period of time during which something (usually a person) is alive. English = life.
3. The events and experiences that happen to people, either generally or in a particular place. English = life (singular), lives (plural).
4. People who are living or alive, as opposed to those who are dead or who have died. English = the living.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To be not dead; to have life. English = live, (be) alive, (be) living.