As a Noun:
1. A hard, rigid substance.
2. A hard substance such as iron, steel, copper, or lead. English = metal.
3. The hard substance which the earth is made of. It often sticks out of the ground or the sea. It is often used for building houses. English = stone, rock.
4. In golf, a club that has a head is made of metal rather than wood. English = iron.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. Of a thing, to be extremely hard or rigid. English = (be) rock hard.
2. To be made of metal; to look and sound like metal. English = (be) metallic.
3. Of ground, to be rough and to contain a lot of stones or rocks. English = stony, rocky.