As a Noun:
1. The quality of being recently made or created; of not being owned or used before; of being different from what you had before; or of being only recently discovered. English = newness.
2. The quality of being different, new, and unusual. English = novelty.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To be made or created recently; to be not owned or used by anyone else before; to be different from what you had, used, or experienced before; or to be only recently discovered. English = (be) new.
2. To be unlike anything that has been done or created before. English = (be) novel.
3. To be the latest in fashion or technology.