1. A way of indicating a specific location where a substantial thing is located. Often the area it covers is large and/or the buildings are large or the activity or work that takes place there is important (e.g., school, university, hospital, factory, office tower).
As a Noun:
1. A piece of ground that is used for a particular purpose or where a particular thing happens. English = site, facility.
2. The place where a person or thing is. English = location.
3. A particular bit of some space (such as a room, building, city, country, or the world). English = place.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To be located particular place or site where work is taking place or where people stay. English = (be) on-site.
1. Used next to a verb to indicate the activity takes place at a particular place or site. English = on-site.