As a Noun:
1. Approval from someone to say that something can happen or that you can do something. English = permission.
2. A piece of paper that gives you permission to do something. English = permit.
4. Official power to approve something or the approval itself. English = authority.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To make it possible for something to happen; to say yes to someone who wants to do something; to do nothing to stop something happening. English = permit, allow, let.
2. To say officially that something can happen or take place. English = authorise.