As a Noun:
1. The opportunity for something to happen and the likelihood that it might happen. English = possibility.
2. The ability of something to become a particular kind of thing or to do something. English = potential.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To be able to be done, or to be something that might happen. English = (be) possible.
2. [With affirmative head nod] to be likely to be true or to happen. English = (be) probable, (be) likely.
3. To be capable of becoming a particular kind of thing or of doing something. English = (be) potential.
1. Used alone to partially agree with someone about the likelihood of something being true or happening, even though you are not certain. English = 'Possibly.', 'Yes, it's possible.'
1. Used to introduce (or close) a sentence that you do not know for certain is true but you think might happen or might have happened. English = possibly.