1. The action of holding on to something like a stick or a long handle and moving it back and forth repeatedly in front of you, such as poking a fire and, especially, holding and agitating a pan over a fire or stove.
As a Noun:
1. A deep metal cooking pot, usually with a long handle and a lid. English = saucepan.
2. A flat shallow metal pan with a long handle in which you fry food. English = frying pan.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To cook something in a container on a fire or stove.
2. To cook something in fat or oil in a frying pan. English = fry.