1. The act of repeatedly scattering handfuls of something piled up or held on your other hand, or any thing or any action directly or indirectly associated with this, especially sowing seeds or feeding fowl.
As a Noun:
1. The act of spreading seeds across the ground in order to plant them there. English = sowing.
2. Food that is given to an animal, particularly the seeds given to birds and poultry. English = feed, chicken feed.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To spread seeds across the ground in order to plant them there. English = sow.
2. To spread food (especially seeds) across the ground in order to feed animals, particularly birds or poultry. English = feed.