As a Noun:
1. A tool used for digging, with a flat metal blade and a long handle. English = spade, shovel.
2. A small garden tool with a curved, pointed blade that you use for digging small holes or for removing weeds. English = trowel.
3. The activity of using a spade or a trowel to make holes in the ground or to move dirt, especially when working in the garden. English = digging, gardening.
4. One of the four suits in a pack of playing cards. Each card in this suit is marked with one or more black symbols in the shape of a heart-shaped leaf with a stem. English = spades.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To make a hole in the ground using a spade, shovel, or a trowel. English = dig, dig up, scoop up, shovel.
2. To do work in a garden such as weeding or planting. English = garden.