Home Button

university, mortarboard, graduate, academic

Auslan SignbankDictionary#621 university-graduate
#auslan-signbank #iconicity.obscure #phonology.double-handed #phonology.symmetrical #semantic.education
As a Noun: 1. An educational institution where students study for degrees and where academic research is done. English = university. 2. A stiff black cap with a flat, square top and a tassel hanging from it. It is sometimes worn on formal occasions by university students and teachers. English = mortarboard. 3. A person who has successfully completed a degree course and received a certificate that shows this. English = graduate. 4. A member of a university or college who teaches or does research. English = academic. As a Verb or Adjective: 1. To successfully complete a degree course and receive a certificate that shows this. English = graduate. 2. Used to describe things or people related to universities or colleges, or the learning, teaching and research activities that take place there. English = (be) academic.