As a Noun:
1. An educational institution where students study for degrees and where academic research is done. English = university.
2. A stiff black cap with a flat, square top and a tassel hanging from it. It is sometimes worn on formal occasions by university students and teachers. English = mortarboard.
3. A person who has successfully completed a degree course and received a certificate that shows this. English = graduate.
4. A member of a university or college who teaches or does research. English = academic.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To successfully complete a degree course and receive a certificate that shows this. English = graduate.
2. Used to describe things or people related to universities or colleges, or the learning, teaching and research activities that take place there. English = (be) academic.