As a Noun:
1. The planet that we live on. English = world, earth.
2. All the societies, institutions, and ways of life of people living on the planet. English = world.
3. The life a person leads, the people they have contact with, and the things they experience. English = world.
4. A spherical object, usually fixed on a stand, with a map of the world on it. English = globe.
As a Verb or Adjective:
1. To be involving different countries. English = (be) international.
2. Concerning or including the whole world. English = (be) global.